Kinesio Taping KT1 and KT2
Kinesio Taping KT1 and KT2
Working as a therapist we need to protect ourselves from injury so we can progress in the career that we love. This course give you the skills to do just that!
Some massage courses teach you a great routine but don’t tell you how to protect your own body when working, this course gives you a whole new way of working hands free for a full body massage on your client with moves to use to protect your hands, wrists and thumbs.
The whole course is focused on you as the therapist learning the hands free techniques combined with good posture to make your massage effortless. The techniques can be used as a standalone treatment or combined into your existing routine. From oil effleurage to working deeper into the clients trigger points the hands free techniques using forearms, upper arms and elbows taught are simple to learn but effective to use.
Our livelihoods depend on us being able to use our body’s to administer productive massages so take care of your body by learning a variety of quality techniques to add to your existing skills set and improve the quality of the massages you give to clients. RSI and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome are realities in the life of a therapist but they don’t have to be if you use your body weight and posture combined with hand free techniques to get successful results with less effort.
On top of learning these excellent techniques you will also learn how to look at your clients posture and analyse where they need work on their body and how to make your treatments more effective for your clients.
Warming up your hands before you work is important so we equip you with self help hand exercises which can also be used as home advice to give your clients.
The day is mainly practical and will include:
• Full body massage using hands free techniques
• The importance of working with good posture
• Working deeper with the arms and elbows
• Client postural analysis
• Hand and arm exercises and self protection
• Repetitive Strain Injury, causes and prevention
• Incorporating the techniques with your routine
|Course date:||15th and 16th September 2018|
|Course Duration||2 day
9am – 5pm
|Course Price||£250 ex.VAT|
- Students must have prior learning in Body Massage
- All students must hold a qualification in Anatomy & Physiology
- This course is awarded 10 CPD points for FHT members
- Post graduate course – advanced level
- Accredited and insurable course by FHT Federation of Holistic Therapists,
- One day intensive advanced course
- Certificated CPD course
- Investment cost £140 which includes all equipment, products, manuals and learning materials
Jason Graham is a graduate of the London School of Sports
Massage and is qualified as a Remedial and Clinical
Sports Massage Therapist. Jason is the founder of The Flying Physios providing pop-up clinics at events and on location. Previously a national tennis player, squad coach and, more recently, a travelling squad therapist, Jason has worked with national and international junior tennis players at Bisham Abbey’s Centre of Excellence, Eton College and The LTA.
15/09/18 & 16/09/18
Purple Turtle Wellbeing
Barrack Yard, North Road
Brighton, East Sussex